I may be being melodramatic, but it's been a little while. I've been busy. Stuff's been going on.
So... I went to New York, which I haven't banged on about nearly enough. So, I will say the following:
- Picklebacks are surprisingly delicious.
- Again, surprisingly, the pizza I had at the Staten Island Ferry terminal is the best I've ever had in my life - follow the neon sign that says 'Pizza and Margaritas'. Clearly the recipe for happiness.
- Going off by yourself and listening to Cat Power on the subway to Brooklyn can be a really nice moment.
- Brussels sprouts seem to be really trendy in New York these days - weird. But kind of great. I love a Brussels sprout.
- A lady walked alongside me in Hell's Kitchen, muttering under her breath 'gotta keep keeping on, just keep on keeping on, gotta keep...' ad infinitum. I'm not sure whether she was talking to me or to herself but I listened and it made my day.
- Catcalling somehow seems way more genteel if it's in an accent that is not your own, especially a very New York one.
Here's me with my sister, in a trendy New York restaurant, wearing a new jacket I just bought in New York.