mercredi 5 août 2015

Obvious Child

I finally watched 'Obvious Child' and it's the best thing I've seen in ages (I know, I'm behind).  I have bought the DVD and intend to re-watch it quite a lot.  Sometimes I find good film-watching just as inspiring as great book-reading.  (Discuss...)

I adore Jenny Slate and have a bit of a crush on her.  I love her very cheering Twitter presence and have spent way too much time Googling her lately (in between writing loads, of course).

The go-to tagline for this film has obviously become 'abortion comedy'.  I myself enjoy the juxtaposition of it - and it made a funny thing to say to my boyfriend on a Saturday night ("we've got wine, halloumi salad and an abortion comedy!").  But obviously the best thing about it is that it isn't as heavy-handed as that.  Please let's see more brilliant writing and more films where real stuff happens to real people - sometimes it's sad and sometimes it's funny, simple as that [insert deep life metaphor here].


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire