jeudi 10 décembre 2015

Always knows best.

'Your Voice In My Head' by Emma Forrest is well documented as being one of my very favourite books.  I have come to regard it as a life essential.

While out running along the South Bank today, I found myself thinking about a letter - short, to-the-point and wise - from her mother about her recent and horrible relationship breakdown.

When I got back from my run, I had to go and look up the exact wording, because I had the strongest feeling that it might be just what I needed to hear today.  If you exchange the word 'movie star' (I haven't had one of those) for something else (all sorts of other things), this advice applies - beautifully - to the end of so many relationships.

"It will get better now. You can allow the whole thing to recede. You've had your movie star. He's had his smart, funny, sensitive girl from something like the real world. You'll find someone more grounded. He'll find someone tougher. Done."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire