mercredi 25 octobre 2017

October

It’s nearly Hallowe’en. It might be dark when I wake up in the mornings now, but it’s still a favourite time of year. This is the season for:
  • Spooky films.
  • Red wine.
  • Baked potatoes.
  • Curiously hot Amish-level sexting (‘You’re wearing a brown jumper? Send pics. Ooh, Ted Hughes himself would be jealous of that cable-knit!’)
  • Long stompy walks, preferably in the rain.
  • Running at night, funnily enough. It’s hard to get out the door, but when it actually happens, it’s more than worth it. I like to imagine I’m in a Bat for Lashes video as I peer into strangers’ windows. Winter goth running is the best running.
  • Many, many baths.
  • Movie nights with girlfriends. Always, but now (under a blanket) more than ever.

I’m really looking forward to the next few months of jumpers and boots and fires and hibernating with the people I love best. Reading books and drinking many cups of tea. Maybe listening to Dylan and Elliott Smith a lot while I do it. I know it's not even Hallowe'en yet, but I'm actually looking forward to Christmas.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire