mardi 10 mai 2011

If I were to be asked the Guardian Q&A Qs…*

What is your earliest memory?
The wallpaper in my bedroom, in our old house in Teddington – red flowers from Habitat.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
Probably turning up at the wrong airport for a flight to Paris.  That was a pretty epic show of stupidity, which is embarrassing.

What would your super power be?
Shapeshifting.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Tragically, the fact that I don’t have long, twiggy legs like Alexa Chung’s.

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
The mixtape.

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Katy Wood.

What is your most unappealing habit?
Eating the leftovers off everyone else’s plate, and smoking when I’m really drunk.

What is your favourite smell?
My boyfriend when he’s sleepy – he inexplicably smells of cake mix.  Feel free to be sick now.

What is your favourite word?
Superlative, or posthumous.

What is your favourite book?
Betty Blue by Philippe Djian.  The film’s pretty bloody good, too – mostly because it’s a word-for-word faithful reproduction.

What is the worst thing anyone's said to you?
“I don’t love you; please stop ringing me.”

What do you owe your parents?
The freedom to be brave because I know I am loved.  Also, a love of books and music; massive teeth; my stepdad introducing me to amazing films at an impressionable age; most other things, actually.

What does love feel like?
The mundane somehow being exciting.  No longer wondering what you're missing all the time.

What was the best kiss of your life?
I can’t remember.

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
My friends and family; I’m not very good with people I don’t know.

What has been your biggest disappointment?
That being really good at something doesn’t necessarily mean anything.  That and the death of Kurt Cobain.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
1998 – 2003.  I’d work about a million times harder and not still be having to make up for it now.

How do you relax?
With a gin and tonic and Tina Fey.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
If someone would give me a free roof over my head, so that I could get on with the thing I am here to do.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I really hope it hasn’t happened yet.

What song would you like played at your funeral?
“You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile” from the Annie soundtrack.

How would you like to be remembered?
As someone who lived bravely.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Fortune favours the brave.

Tell us a joke.
What did the cheese say when he looked in the mirror?  Halloumi.  I like a cheese joke.


* Is it just me or, whenever you read a Q&A style interview like this, do you formulate your own answers?  It’s not only me who does this, right?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire