jeudi 10 novembre 2011

The Only Way Is

I have become something of a TOWIE fan.  I am not ashamed.  I don't care who knows it.

As with so many of these things, my sister started it.

I'm sure you know all about TOWIE and I don't need to explain it here (unless you're one of my sneery, cultural-snob friends - hiya!).  I will say that I especially like Amy, Harry, Arg and Gemma; I think Lydia is really pretty; and, sadly, I don't think the new series is quite as good as the earlier ones.

Most importantly, here is why I have got slightly hooked on TOWIE, yet could not sit through more than five minutes of 'Made In Chelsea'*:

It's an important distinction.  I do not like to watch posh, rich kids with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement who really need to get a crap job for a while; I am all for funny, sparky people making themselves interesting for the sake of attention.  This applies to most of the cast of TOWIE as much as it does to Issie Blow, Gilbert and George, Edie Sedgwick, and many more of my all-time heroes.

* They're not even from Chelsea!  I have it on good authority.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire