vendredi 5 août 2016

Post-YALC stuff

Slightly belatedly, I would like to note here that I had the BEST time at YALC.  (That's the Young Adult Literary Convention, for those readers who are not familiar with such things.)  It's part of the London Film and Comic Con at Olympia and it's BRILLIANT.  Please excuse overuse of capital letters: I just want you to REALLY UNDERSTAND how JOYOUS I am about this marvellous event, dear reader.  I already can't wait for next year.

Seeing such wonderful people there, hearing some inspiring talks and buying some exciting new books has left me feeling INSPIRED.  So, since then, I've been working hard, making plans, keeping my head down and generally scribbling.

When not doing that, I recently adored 'You Know Me Well' by David Levithan and Nina LaCour.  Highly recommended.  Relatedly, I *may* have met them both at YALC, been a bit starstruck and got my book signed.  It's Brighton Pride this weekend, so t's the perfect time to read a book that's set during San Francisco Pride Week (I swear those two cities should be twinned, anyway) and is SO GORGEOUS I wept at the end through pure joy.

I've also, like everyone else, been watching 'Stranger Things'.  At time of writing, I am only two episodes in, but I fully expect to have watched the lot by the end of the weekend.  Pleasing shades of Stephen King, Donnie Darko, Stand By Me and other great stuff.

That's it, really.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire