mardi 15 mai 2012

No Grease Before Greece

Tina Fey, perennial Mixtape favourite, has spoken about how writing and acting can be a dangerous dichotomy for one particular reason: food.  Because being slim is kind of a requirement to being on TV, and writing is so much about eating crap just to stay awake and power through.

As usual, Liz Lemon is right.

OK, so I may be dealing with this on a much smaller level, but still...

I am still on deadline - you guessed it, writing this at my dining table as a little break from 'proper' writing, wearing my Jack Wills tracksuit pants and inhaling snacks like there's no tomorrow.

Thankfully, I am (for now) nearly done.  In four days' time - lucky me - I will send my amended manuscript to my agent and jet off on a sunshine holiday.

Hence the difficulty.  In four days' time, I will be wearing a swimsuit in public, yet it is nearly impossible to get through a late night's writing (after a day in the dayjob) without a steady supply of crap food.

Ah well, I'm sure the Greeks won't mind a bit of jelly, and then I can get some moussaka in my face by way of celebration.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire