vendredi 27 juillet 2012

My top 10 albums of all time

Yikes.  Here it is.   The order is not concrete and I reserve the right to change my mind, frequently.  I’ve probably forgotten something crucial.  The rule is one album per artist, or this would just be impossible/carnage.

Nirvana – In Utero
PJ Harvey – Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea
Leonard Cohen – The Future
Hole – Live Through This (although I very nearly chose Celebrity Skin or My Body The Hand Grenade)
Cat Power – You Are Free
Joni Mitchell – Blue (although Court and Spark also gets honourable mention)
Nick Cave – The Boatman’s Call
Placebo – Without You I’m Nothing
Kate Bush – The Hounds of Love
Shakespears Sister – Hormonally Yours

Just missing out on the Top 10 are favourite albums by Sonic Youth, The Lemonheads, Fleetwood Mac (Rumours, obv), Nico, David Bowie and Lou Reed, and probably loads of others.  I may have to mull this over and come up with a definitive Top 20.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire