dimanche 24 mars 2013

Memory maps #2

A Greek island.

I don't even want to say the name of it because it was so perfect and unspoiled.  I feel sad about it because it turned out to be our last family holiday, as our family in its old incarnartion - I did not know that at the time and I planned to go back there again and again; now I do not think I ever want to go back there, but I do not want to forget it.  It was less than a year ago.

I read about a book a day.  I swam in the sea, off the side of the boat.  I ate masses of Greek yoghurt and honey.  I fed stray cats and was desperate to take them home with me.

I slipped over on a jetty, in my flippy blue dress and shiny sandals, and my right calf has never been quite the same since.

I was really happy there.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire