dimanche 10 mars 2013

This Much Is Not True

Last July, I wrote this post:

http://eleanor-wood.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/this-much-is-true.html

A lot has changed since then, and I have changed my mind.  Number three: "You can never completely know another human being.  (But you know that you can trust some people to do their best.)"

I stand by the first part of that sentence, but no longer the second one.

It just goes to show, you can never know anything for sure.  And that, Oprah, is the only thing I can ever know for sure.

While we're at it: my two absolute worst so-called "truths", which I do not believe in at all?

1. "When you know, you know."  Surely that means, again, that we never know.  Because you think you know until you really know.  And then you realise you didn't know, because now you really know.  The stupidity is never ending.  We never know; make a decision, and stick to it.  Or don't.  But take responsibility.

2. "It's different when they're your own."  Um, isn't that kind of a big gamble to take?  Because, haven't you read We Need to Talk About Kevin?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire