jeudi 27 mars 2014

Gogglebox.

I don’t mind admitting it.  I’m obsessed.  I can no longer go out on a Friday night.

I know it sounds completely rubbish – a television programme that consists of watching other people watch television.  I’m almost embarrassed to explain it.

However, it is properly hilarious.  My favourites are the Brighton family and Sandra and Sandy in Brixton – but I love them all.

As well as being funny and entertaining viewing, I honestly believe that it is doing a real public service.

It’s a great leveller.  It proves that we are all pretty much the same (or at least all start going ‘da-da-da-da-da’ if ever we hear the Match of the Day theme tune).

If you were someone with an insular life, who – say – didn’t know any black people, or white people, or gay people, or posh people, or a vicar, Gogglebox would show you that it doesn’t make any difference.  We all watch TV and say the same things.

Also, it is really, really funny.  If you haven’t watched it, I suggest you do so immediately.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire