mardi 3 mai 2016

Stuff. Nonsense. Things.

Hello, there.  It's been a while.  Not intentionally.

I haven't even been *that* busy.  I just haven't had anything very pressing to say ('doesn't usually stop you, ECW!' I hear you cry).  I think this may be a good thing.  I have been doing the usual stuff lately, I suppose.  I have been reading a lot of books, watching a lot of films, eating a lot of avocados, wearing a lot of dungarees.

I had a brilliant trip to Manchester for a weekend, where I danced to Joy Division under disco lights, bought Smiths records, gained a new earring, drank/ate a five-dollar milkshake, watched a truly impressive (and joyous) St George's Day parade through a very rainy Sunday morning in the Northern Quarter.  The Northern Quarter reminded me of Brooklyn - I loved it.

Yesterday, I went on the most delightful of day trips to Charleston.  It was genuinely unique and amazingly inspiring (I hope that doesn't sound too ridiculous).  Honestly, it made me want to write a masterpiece and above all to live brilliantly and bravely.  It is so important to be reminded of this sometimes, with places and art and people who feed our souls and remind us of the things that are really important.  Those Bloomsbury types had it right - it's all about art and ideas.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire