vendredi 30 septembre 2016

I don't need...

I feel as though a shift is occurring.  I really do.

People and things have come into my life lately that have changed how I look at the world.  Inspiring words said half by accident (and through the most surprising of mediums) have made a huge difference to me (you may or may not know who you are - but thanks).

Apparently an important new moon is happening tonight.  I don't know how much I believe in these things but I don't think it matters.  It's about setting intentions.  It all seems to have come at once, a cosmic pile-up, just at exactly the right time.

I'm deciding to take this as an opportunity.  I'm going to mark the occasion with crystals and burning things and good intentions, but that's not the important stuff.  I think some important stuff might actually stay with me way beyond this new moon.  I genuinely believe the universe is telling me something right now.  Whether it really is or not is completely beside the point.  We're all doing our best.  I don't want to control the world or anyone in it.  I don't even need answers.

I have made so many lists in the last few days.  Of the things I need in my life and the things I need to do to get them and make them so.  From travel to hats to new knickers to morning pages.  Dance classes, cooking for others, records and fires.  Getting outdoors.  Doing the stuff I am here to do.

Tonight I'll mostly be burning sage and listening to Patti Smith, I think.  Happy new moon.


P.S. I have the inner sleeve of this record framed on my bedroom wall.  It has Patti in a white dress and the Rilke quote 'For one human being to love another, that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the work for which all other work is but preparation' - which I suppose about sums it up.

Also, I just found this article, which is a pretty interesting read on the topic: http://articles.latimes.com/1988-07-24/entertainment/ca-10323_1_patti-smith 

(Because whatever anyone says, Patti and Fred will always be my ultimate relationship goal.)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire