Here's what you might like to know:
- It's a novella. This means it's really short compared to a full-length book (although it's longer than a short story). I think it came out at around 11,000 words.
- I really enjoyed writing it. Part of this was related to the point above - it felt quite liberating to be able to tell a story without worrying about filling a whole book.
- It tells the story from the point of view of Amie and Lexy, characters from my original novel Gemini Rising. It was great to look at events from a totally different perspective - if you have read the first book, you may remember that Amie and Lexy were the supposed 'mean girls'. They were characters that intrigued me, but it's nice to get to show them in 3D.
- The events of Gemini Falling run parallel to the first book (i.e. they take place in the same timeframe). A few lingering mysteries are cleared up.
- It's basically a stand-alone title. You don't have to have read the first book to read this novella, but you might enjoy it more if you have.
- Although this is a totally different set-up, I was really inspired by Lauren Oliver and the different short stories and perspectives she explored around her amazing Delirium saga.
- You can find out more (or buy it) here.
Enregistrer un commentaire