vendredi 10 janvier 2014

Oh how time flies with crystal clear eyes

I was speaking to an old friend today, who has just got married.  She is a particularly dear one, a beautiful girl who I have known for a long time.  Weirdly, I have many friends who I did not get on with at first - she was one.  We met because my teenage boyfriend cheated on me, with her.  By this point, that somehow makes us all the fonder of each other.

We figured out, accidentally, that this time exactly ten years ago, we were away skiing together.  We were 22; five of us a sharing a four-person apartment with bunk beds.  I saw in that new year tobogganing down a mountain in a red evening dress and snow boots.

A few months later, I met the boyfriend who I still live with.  A year and a bit later, I moved to Brighton.  So much was still to happen.

It's nice to be able to remember things like that, when you are both happy now.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire