mardi 14 juillet 2015

On grief and on letting go.

My dear friend AZD wrote a post on her blog today that was so beautiful and wise and sad and uplifting, it moved me to instant tears.

You can read it here.

It really put me in mind of Joan Didion and her incredible 'The Year of Magical Thinking'.  Perhaps there is something about the time period of a year that has meaning beyond one revolution of the sun.  (That's what a year is, right?  My junior school science knowledge is rusty.)

Joan Didion is one of my greatest writing inspirations (although - obviously - I would not dare to put myself into anywhere near the same breath as her as 'a writer') and this is truly one of my desert island books - one of those books that changes your life while also articulating things you already felt, only more beautifully and profoundly.

If she can write her way out of it, we all can.  And that's a real comfort to know.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire