jeudi 29 septembre 2016

Pointless

One of those days when there are so many things I could and should be doing… and so I’m not.  Instead, a spiralling black hole of Google.

It started with going through some old photos, and finding one of myself – with a black bowl cut, jetlagged early morning eyeliner and the last remnants of a former baby face – on the balcony of my room at the Chelsea Hotel, over six years ago (go see me on Instagram at @eleanorclairewood if you’re interested!).  Not so many years in the grand scheme of things, but SO long ago!  It blows my mind to think of how much has happened since then.  This funny old life.

So, then I had to go and listen to Chelsea Girls by Nico…

…Then I spent a lot of time reading facts and stories I already knew about Nico.

That got me onto John Cooper Clarke, which is always a fun way to while away the hours.  Actually, this was well worth doing because it taught me a new fact that has delighted me beyond all reasonable measure.

OK, did you know (and I sincerely hope this surprises you as much as it did me)..?

John Cooper Clarke was once on a celebrity edition of the (brilliant) quiz show Pointless.  Seriously delightful as well as surprising.  I will doubtless spend this evening trawling the internet for that episode.  I’ll keep you posted on how this important mission goes, obviously.

And of course JCC sets off mental sparks of all those rooster-haired, twiggy-legged boys I love the best and the black hole continues.  I may never emerge.


It’s not pointless.  It never is.  I hope I’m absorbing good things and they’ll come out somehow.  Plans afoot.  Procrastinating is part of the process, right?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire