jeudi 13 avril 2017

"This library could be all you ever need..."

I write books about music.  My brilliant friend Chris Jones (AKA Mister Jones and his Guitar) has written a song about books!

The song is called 'Library' and it is wonderful.  I genuinely cannot overestimate how much joy it brings me that such a lovely song about books and libraries exists!

So, Chris and I got to thinking...  We are both of the same opinion that in these times when libraries are in danger and art is basically all we've got, we should Make a Nice Thing.  We are both fans of doing all the things.

The answer was obvious - clearly, we should make a video to celebrate the wonders of books and music and libraries!

The concept is this: a video of writers interpreting the lyrics of the song (see below...), and (as RuPaul would say) lip-synching for their lives.

That's where you come in...  If you are a writer and you would like to be involved, please make a video of yourself (ideally in front of a bookcase or reading a book or in a library, or doing something cool and bookish of your own choosing), lip-synching to 'Library'!  Any part or all of the song; interpret it however you would like, and feel free to get as creative/silly as possible!

Chris is going to edit all of the videos together to make one big beautiful bookish musical video extravaganza to celebrate art in all its forms!  We'd be very happy if you would like to be involved.

The technical bit: no need to get too professional about it, a short video on your phone will be great.  Ideally with the phone turned sideways so it's in landscape.  Get in touch with me here or on Twitter or via email and I'll give you the deets on where to send it.

Finally...  You'll need the song; you can download it for free at the following places:

Spotify
Soundcloud
Mister Jones and his Guitar


'Library' 
written and performed by 'Mister Jones and His Guitar'

One day I stepped into a library
I found some books that I always meant to read
with each new word - builds up my strength
like the protein shakes that bodybuilders drink.

You might say...
that I'm not helping you today and that the world gets in the way
you say you can't change...
the mind you're trying so hard to tame
take your time, read the print and then... turn the page.

You kept me up till half past three
You made the world that day a little better place to be
I see the burning log  - you see the growing tree
but now I've cracked your spine I know you'll never just be mine.

You might say...
that I'm not helping you today and that the world gets in the way
you say you can't change...
the mind you're trying so hard to tame
take your time, read the print and then... turn the page.

Cos this Library could be all you'll ever need
full of hope and full of memories
find the right books and find a little time to read
cos there's room for more adventures before we fall asleep

You might say...
that I'm not helping you today and that the world gets in the way
you say you can't change...
The mind you're trying so hard to tame
take your time, read the print and then... turn the page.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire