mercredi 3 août 2011

Uh Huh Her (Honest Self-Portraits)

I have always been keen on taking photographs of myself - probably due to some alchemic misture of self-obsession, curiosity, and a love of PJ Harvey.  Polly Jean has long taken photographs of herself, apparently a prolific habit adopted at art college and never quite shaken off, and has often used these images in her album artwork - most notably 'Uh Huh Her', which includes an intriguing selection of these.

So, here are my bored, early-morning-in-my-flat attempts of my own.  They really aren't great, and I can't seem to get the camera angle or my photo face quite right - EVER.  Still, I am posting these because I think they make a very honest self-portrait.  I am pretty sure that this is exactly what I look like, and I think that should be the point - please don't use freakishly flattering photographs of yourself in public or, god forbid, professional ones.  That's my view, anyway.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire