mardi 3 janvier 2012

Deacon Blues

As I said, I've already (re)found my soundtrack for this year: I literally cannot stop listening to Steely Dan.  Perfection, for any time, but especially now.  It reminds me of sitting in the back seat of my dad's car and singing along when I was little (I thought it was 'are you gathering up the tears/have you had an awful mind?'. among other things), and hopefully of good times ahead.
Here are a few of my favourites, for your delectation and inspiration:









Also, all the Steely Dan has inevitably got me all obsessed with Theresa Duncan (again).  I'm so cyclical.

Have a read and then try telling me you don't feel the same (after you've read everything the Internet has to offer on her and Jeremy, if you're anything like me).  Like so mant of my favourite things, it's a tragic story but one that I hope it's not inappropriate to say that I find ultimately uplifting.  I am ludicrously excited for the Bret Easton Ellis movie.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/01/suicides200801

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire