samedi 24 décembre 2011

The Perfect Rock Wife

Here is a (very silly) short story that I wrote, about my (sob - I don't even know them, obviously!) feelings on Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore splitting up.  Devastated, frankly.  It's based on real-life events - ask me and I'll tell you.  Or not, whatever.


The Perfect Rock Wife
Think Kim not Courtney. Think Kim not Nancy. Think Kim Kim Kim. Think Kim and Thurston. Of course.

It’s an important day. It’s a constant mantra.

She picks up a red lipstick. She puts it back down. She goes for the mascara, to match the Breton stripe, the lovely, comfortable shoe, the appropriate miniskirt, the cleaned teeth and careless hair. No dirty boots here, please. Not any more.

My friend Goo has a real tattoo. She always knows just what to do.

It’s no joke. It’s the way to live. Happiness is feeling good about yourself. Sticking with things, doing it your own way, living in a town full of lesbians and one day bringing out a clothing line for the cool middle-aged. That’s what it’s all about. Sonic life.

She is satisfied. A vintage satchel full of books and an ironic bicycle. A vinyl collection and a kitchen full of cast offs. She is ready.

Her phone beeps, modernly. It’s her best friend Lou; she has bad news. Good things don’t usually start with ‘I’ve got some bad news’ – this girl knows that much.

It’s not just any old bad news, either. It’s Kim and Thurston. It’s sticking with things and living your values and wearing the perfect A-line skirt and living in that town full of lesbians.

The future of Sonic Youth is uncertain, apparently. Same goes for her faith in the world, frankly.

I feel like I’m disappearing. I’m getting smaller every day.

But when I look into your eyes… I’m bigger in every way.

Kiss me on kiss me on the lips.

Sonic life.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire