mercredi 20 juin 2012

Paradis lost

Ridiculous, I know, but I'm genuinely sad that Vanessa Paradis and Johnny Depp have broken up.

I've always said she is the only woman in the world about whom, in that relationship, people should really say 'wow, HE is so lucky' rather than vice versa.

He always seemed charming, you know, as well as being a beautiful movie star.  She is not only pretty much the most gorgeous woman in the world but, in my opinion, a really underrated actress and singer.  She's been in some of my favourite films - 'Heartbreaker' and 'The Girl on the Bridge' being the top two must-sees; actually, so has he - 'Cry-baby' and 'Edward Scissorhands'.

As wwell as it being specifically a shame, like any celebrity story that resonates, I guess it's a more relatable universality as well.  As someone who is in a very long-term, non-married relationship, I have this weird sinking feeling that one of them is going to go out and marry someone else (probably young and not as cool) straight away - I don't know why, but it's a weird pattern that I guess I'm tuned into in other people because it scares me.  Gulp.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire