lundi 9 décembre 2013

Barefoot in the Park

This was my grandpa's favourite film.  It is also one of my favourites.

I hadn't watched it in a while, but whilst writing and generally pottering about, I have watched it the last  two nights in a row.  That probably sounds weird, but I do this a lot.  I don't like to write in silence and it's comforting to have something I know on in the background - if something feels like the right rhythm, I sometimes watch it again and again.

I'm not always a big fan of Robert Redford, but he's perfect in this.  Not as perfect as Jane Fonda, who is a delight and I could watch her all day long.

I also wish I had a neighbour like Mr Velasquo - what fun that would be.  Oh, to go on the ferry to Staten Island to see a belly dancer and drink cocktails that will mean I can't make a fist for a week.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire